- 1 2-pound head green cabbage, quartered lengthwise and cored
- 1/2 cup vegetarian broth
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Gimme Lean Ground Beef Style
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Accompaniment: steamed rice
Cook onion and 2 cloves of garlic in oil in a heavy medium pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high and stir in Gimme Lean along with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place cabbage in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet with broth, 1 garlic clove (sliced), and a rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Stir tomatoes with their juice, cranberries, vinegar, and brown sugar into the beef mixture and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with spoon, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt.
Pour sauce into skillet with cabbage and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and a side of rice.