- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (I used multi-colored)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (I had fresh that had been cooked on the grill the day before) I just cut it off the cob
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning, low-sodium
- 1 can red enchilada sauce (10 ounce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar shreds
- Garnish, avocodo, limes, cilantro
In a large skillet combine rinsed quinoa, black beans, sweet potato, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce and water.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is done (about 15-20 minutes). Stir occasionally. If necessary add more water.
Stir in kale and cheese.
Serve immediately with desired garnishes.