- 1 package Tofurky Italian sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) dice tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 1/4 cup no-chicken chicken bouillon
- 4 cups greens (I used 2 big kale leaves and the rest was spinach)
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet, add sausages coins and brown on both sides. Set aside.
Put drained beans, tomatoes with juice, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, fennel seed and chicken bouillon into a soup pot and stir.
Bring to boil. Slice the kale into ribbons (I used baby spinach to make up the rest of the 4 cups of greens - so I didn't bother to cut it). Add the greens to the stew and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the greens are cooked and wilted.
To serve ladle the soup into bowls and top with sausage coins. Stir well and enjoy! I served this with some crusty bread for dipping.