- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
Simmer the rinsed quinoa in the water until absorbed, about 20 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan, add onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin and saute until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, beans, peppers, zucchini, chipotle, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the quinoa and corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. I like to add a dash or two of Frank's Hot Sauce. ;-)