- 1 package chicken flavor seitan
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 huge cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid amino
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic paste or to taste
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy greens
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon per bowl white miso
- sliced scallions for garnish
Drain and the seitan and cut any large pieces into bite-sized pieces. Set aside. Cook pasta until barely al denta, it will cook a little more after added to the soup.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in sugar, broth, braggs and chile-garlic sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
Add bok choy, seitan and pasta cover and simmer until greens are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
Add miso to a soup bowl.
Add enough broth to melt the miso, stirring well.
Ladle soup into bowls.
Give it all a good stir.
Add scallions to garnish and enjoy!