- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup roasted red sweet pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Assorted crackers, toasted baguette slices, toasted pita chips, celery or carrots
In a food processor combine beans, artichokes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, horseradish and cayenne pepper.
Cover and process until almost smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
Transfer to serving bowl. Cover; let stand at room temperature until ready to serve (up to 2 hours). Top with roasted red sweet pepper strips and basil.
Or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving. To serve, sprinkle lightly with additional salt. Serve with crackers, baguette slices, or pita chips. Makes 12 to 14 (3-tablespoon servings).