- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Badia Sazon with Annato
- 1 package Gardein Beef(less) beef tips, slightly thawed and cut in half
- 5 cups water
- enough no beef bullion for the water above
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, diced (red, yellow preferred but green will work)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large pot, add scallions and garlic and sauté until soft over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
Add tomato, cumin, sazon, 1/4 cup cilantro and cook another 2 minutes.
Add water, bullion, carrot, bell pepper, potato, salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low about 20 minutes, until veggies are tender.
Add cooked quinoa and beef and cook an additional 6-7 minutes. Cook until everything is hot.
Add remaining chopped cilantro and serve.
NOTE: This was delicious, but the when we heated the leftovers the beef tips were a little spongy. Next time I make this I will saute them to get some brown crust on 'em. Hopefully they will stand up better in the broth as leftovers then.