- 1 package Gardein™ Chick'n scallopini, cut into 1/4 cubes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed or not
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon Braggs
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 sleeve (there are two in the box) phyllo
Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Brown gardein scallopini in a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
Make Roux: melt Earth Balance in a sauté pan, add flour and whisk constantly until light brown in color. Cool and set aside.
In a 5 quart stock pot cook onions in canola oil for 3 minutes then add carrots, thyme, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Add boiling stock and simmer for 5 minutes, whisk in yeast flakes.
Add the roux a bit at a time and continue to cook as sauce begins to thicken. Stir in gardein scallopini, tamari and peas.
Pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
Cover mixture with phyllo and tuck in the edges. Cut small slits to vent. Bake for 35 min or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Serve with a side salad and your favorite wine. Enjoy!