- 1 box (32-ounce) low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 bag green split peas
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
Place a large soup pot on medium heat. Add a couple of tablespoons water, diced onions and saute for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. If pan starts to try add another tablespoon of water.
Add coconut aminos and give a good stir.
Add diced carrots and celery. Stir. Add garlic powder and a tablespoon of water at a time as needed to keep vegetables from sticking.Cook 3-4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and stir well to be sure you get any stuck bits up.
Reduce heat to low and add the rest of the broth, 2 cups of water, the peas and diced red pepper.
Cover and cook about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, check to see if peas are done.