- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I like Better Than Bouillion)
- 4 cups unsweetened Almond & Coconut Milk
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook the onion and garlic on medium heat in a large soup pot for about 5 minutes.
Add the butter to the pot and let it melt.
Add the flour and mix well, stir and let it cook about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the vegetable broth and milk. Whisk well until the flour is completely blended in and not clumps remain.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Turn heat to medium and add broccoli and carrots.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Add cheese and stir well until cheese is completely melted.
I used my immersion blender and blended the soup for a minute. You don't want to blend it totally. You still want some pieces of carrot and broccoli.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm. I served this with a half of a sandwich. But a nice crusty bread or crackers would also be good.