Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coleslaw

I love Slaw Dogs and slaw on the side when we have cook-outs. You know you need slaw when you have watermelon, baked beans, corn on the cob, etc. This is my vegan version of the dressing I have always made. Yes, I take the short cut and buy the bags of slaw mix - it saves me lots of time, but I always make my dressing from scratch.
  • 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 bag coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)

Put everything except the slaw mix in a large bowl, you'll need lots of room to stir.

Mix well until it's completely blended.

Add the slaw mix and stir well (I add 1/2 the bag and get it all stirred well and then add the other 1/2)

This may seem a little dry, but trust me, refrigerate it and come back in an hour or so and stir again. You should notice that it seems more moist. You can always add more mayo or even a little sour cream if it still seems to dry when you get ready to serve it.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment