Friday, August 24, 2012

Cobbler

I'm a good ole Southern girl from birth and what was summer without some kind of fruit cobber? This is so delicious and easy AND you'll always remember the recipe in  your head cos' I call it my Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cobbler. You'll see why when you look at the ingredients. Use your imagination and what's fresh and local to make awesome blueberry, peach, blackberry or any combo of cobbler. As you know I am not a very good photographer so don't let the pics keep you from this cobbler.

  • 2 tablespoons Smart Balance margarine
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
  • 3/4 frozen blackberries
  • cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever spice would compliment your fruit (I didn't use any this time)

Place the margarine in a 9x9 baking dish and put this in a 350F oven until it melts.

Meanwhile, mix the cup of flour, cup of sugar and cup of milk well. (no pic - I cropped it out! duh)
When the margarine is melted gently pour the above wet mixture into the pan.

Now gently place the fruit over this wet mixture.

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until done.

The batter (wet ingredients) will rise up over some of the fruit, and some of the fruit will sink and you'll have a fruit filled EASY cobbler.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is vegan and will recommend this site to her. Good luck. BTW, how did you get the reactions to work? I can't get them on my blogger.com site to work. Thanks for a reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and for recommending my site. What "reactions" are you speaking of? I'll be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete