- 1 package Beyond Meat beefy crumbles
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups no-chicken broth, I used Better than Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- sour cream and shredded cheddar for garnish
Sweat onion and garlic in 1/4 cup water in a large soup pot.
Add crumbles and stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except for sour cream and cheese.). Stir well.
Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally so the bottom doesn't scorch.
Spoon into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with cornbread (or some good crackers.)