- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (I used tri-color)
- 1 package Gardein meatless Chick'n Strips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar shreds
- 1 cup Daiya PepperJack shreds
- Garnish: sour cream, avocados, etc.
- Note: next time I would add 3/4 cup corn kernels, 1-2 teaspoons cumin and chopped cilantro
Heat oven to 350. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook quinoa according to package directions to get 2 1/2 cups.
Heat small skillet over medium high heat. Heat water til steaming/boiling, add onion and garlic and sweat until onions are soft. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl add quinoa, chicken, black beans, chiles, chili powder and enchilada sauce. Stir well.
Pour mixture into your prepared baking dish. Top with Pepper Jack cheese.
Bake 10-15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Garnish with your favorite items and serve.