- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato paste (6oz can)
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Dice vegetables into uniform sizes.
Saute the vegetables in 1/4 cup water until soft.
Add all of the tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well.
Add the wine and sugar, stir well.
You can blend with an immersion blender if it's too chunky for you. But I like it chunky.
Serve over spaghetti, add to noodles with other veggies and cheese to make a casserole or submerge some vegan meatballs in that amazing sauce!!