- 1 pound bag frozen edamame in shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- kosher salt, to taste (be careful the Braggs is salty too)
In a medium covered pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil before tossing in the frozen edamame. (No need to thaw. Boil uncovered for 3 – 4 minutes, until the pods are thawed and tender. Drain thoroughly.
Combine both oils and the minced garlic in a medium slillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is aromatic but not quite browned.
Stir in drained edamame, red pepper flakes and Braggs, tossing to mix well. Saute for just 2 – 3 minutes longer to infuse the soybeans with the marinade.
Remove from heat and add a pinch of salt over the top if desired, but use that salt sparingly! Remember my earlier warning that the Braggs is already salty. You can skip the extra salt if you wish.