|my photo in NOT nearly as beautiful as theirs - but it sure was tasty|
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance® spread
- 1 Vidalia onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup Silk® Organic SoyMilk
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces cubed seitan, drained
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-inch-long thin strips
- 8 spears asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Heat Smart Balance spread in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 2 - 3 minutes until starting to brown.
Add soy milk and almond butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, and curry paste in a large bowl. Stir to mix completely.
Add this mixture to the skillet, cooking and stirring until blended.
In a small bowl, stir coconut milk and cornstarch together to dissolve cornstarch.
Stir into panang and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add seitan, zucchini, asparagus, snap peas, thyme, and cilantro. Reduce heat and simmer 7 to 10 minute s until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Serve over rice and sprinkle green onion (I didn't have any) over the top.