Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sesame Lo Mein

If you frequent my blog you know I love Asian dishes. I've made this before but had not blogged it so when I was at the store and saw the bok choy and snow peas I knew it was time to get this posted. Be sure to prep all of your ingredients BEFORE you begin. Put your water on to boil, then do all your chopping, I even went ahead and got the pasta on before I began the Lo Mein. This was so good and the leftovers for lunch today were just as delicous.
  • 1 package firm tofu, drained well and cut into cubes
  • 1/2 cup carrot, cut into 2 inch long sticks
  • 2 tablespoons ginger root, mined
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 2 inch long sticks
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
  • 1 cup bok choy, sliced
  • 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half at an angle
  • 1 can sliced waterchestnuts, drained
  • 1 pound linguine
  • 6 scallions, sliced

Set water on to boil for linguine in a large pot. In a wok, heat the canola oil over medium heat.

Add tofu and saute until all sides are lightly browned.

Pour 1 tablespoon soy sauce over tofu and quickly toss.

Drain tofu on paper towels and set aside, leave wok on heat.

Add carrots, garlic, ginger root and bok choy to wok. Cook 2 minutes.

Add red bell pepper, snow peas, water chestnuts and sesame seeds. Cook 3 more minutes.

Add tofu back to wok and cook 2 minutes.

Cook linguine, stirring often, drain when al dente. Mix sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a bowl, pour this and the scallions over the pasta and toss well.

Add linguine to the wok, toss well (if you use two large spoons you may be able to turn it easier).

Pour tahini over everything in the wok. Toss well.

Serve with soy sauce and sriracha on the side. I like my food spicy so I definitely added some of the sriracha.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment