|Not the best pic, but it was delicious|
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice (you could use brown)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium to large ripe tomato, diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 large bell peppers (what ever color you have)
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- shredded Daiya Pepper-jack cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or so and remove from heat.
Add the spices and stir well.
In a large bowl add the rice, beans, corn, tomato, chipotle pepper, 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce and onion mixture. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
Cut the tops from the bell peppers and remove the seeds and ribs.
Fill with the rice mixture, packing lightly. I filled mine half way, added a small amount of cheese and then finished filling. Don't put cheese on top yet.
Place the filled peppers in the slow cooker. Add about 1/2 inch of water to the crock (about 2 cups) being careful not to get water in the peppers. Cook on low for about 4 hours. About 15 minutes before they are done add a layer to cheese to each pepper and let finish cooing.
Serve the peppers with the rest of the enchilada sauce and extra cheese if desired.