- 1 package Field Roast chorizo, crumbled with your fingers
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2" pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes, include the juice
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups water
- Garnish: sliced scallions, avocado, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, whatever you like and have on hand
Cook the crumbled chorizo over medium heat, in a small amount of oil until brown.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes until onion begins to look soft.
Add the sweet potato cubes and stir well.
Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano and water. Stir well.
Cover and allow the chili to simmer about 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with garnishes of your choice.