Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pesto Zoodles with Roasted Tomatoes & Chick'n

I bought a spiralizer a couple of months ago and was so eager to try it. However, for some reason it's just sat in the cabinet. I saw this recipe (non-vegan) and wanted to give it a go. This is my version. We loved this dish, however I would add the zoodles last with a quick toss and serve so they stay firm and don't cook too much! The homemade pesto makes this dish, but I'm sure store bought would be just as good.

  • 1 pint grape tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 package Tofurky Slow Roasted Chick'n, Thai Basil flavor
  • 3 medium zucchini, spiraled into zoodles
  • 1/2 cup pesto 


Toss the tomatoes with the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet, in a single layer, covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes.

Add the Tofurky Chick'n to a skillet and heat until slightly brown.

Add the zucchini zoodles to the pan and toss.

Add the tomatoes and pesto. Stir well.

Serve immediately. 
NOTE: See my comment above. Next time I would add the tomtoes and pesto. Stir well and then add the zoodles, toss and serve. 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment