- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package Tofurky Spinach Pesto Sausage, sliced and then cut into half moons
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) gnocchi
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup cold water and the flour.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the sausages. Cook until browned and then remove from heat.
In a large soup pot add 1/2 cup water, vegetable broth and milk. Bring to a low boil.
Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, roasted peppers and black pepper. Return to a boil.
Partially cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and simmer until veggies are soft, about 15-20 minutes. Uncover and stir in the flour/water mixture. Stir until the soup comes back to a boil.
Add the gnocchi, spinach and the basil. Cook until the gnocchi start to float til the top (mine took about 5-6 minutes - check the box for the time it recommends.)
Add the nutritional yeast and extra black pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy with some crusty bread or a side salad.
Definitely serve with a nice glass of red wine.