Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Andouille Sausage and Tomato Pasta

I've been seeing a lot of one pot pasta dishes where you just dump everything in the pot and in about 10 minutes dinner is ready. I decided to try one that I saw over at Damn Delicious and make it vegan. I also used whole wheat spaghetti instead of regular noodles. This was a winner!!!! Here's my version:
  • 1 package whole wheat spaghetti
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package Tofurky andouille sausage, thinly sliced
  • 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves
  • 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast flakes

In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 5 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered. 

While pasta pot cooks, brown sausages in a small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet until brown on both sides. 

Cook pasta for the length of time indicated on box - usually 10-12 minutes. Until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced. Stir in sausages and nutritional yeast.

Serve immediately.  

I served this with a large tossed salad and a glass (or two) of wine.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Glo,
    I love New Orlean influenced dishes and your recipe reminded me of my delicious meals there, so I just had to hop by from Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck to see your Andouille Sausage and Tomato Pasta recipe and to explore your blog! What a delectable dish! The chocolate is a nice surprise. I can't wait to try your recipe at home.I'm pinning and sharing this! All the best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah,
      Thank you for the kind words and for stopping by. I hope you'll let me know what you think of the dish. We really enjoyed it and the one-pot wonder is just a bonus.
      xoxoxo,
      Glo

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I've never tried Tofuky, but I love on pot meals. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, it's a brand of vegan faux meat. If you are vegan or vegetarian any similar (Italian Sausage would work) sausage would work. Thanks for visiting my kitchen. I hope you enjoy the dish.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know ... right, you just can't go wrong there. Thanks for stopping by my kitchen.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too Annie and I love a good pasta dish anytime! Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Scrumptious and so warming for cold weather. Thanks for sharing on the VVLP πŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so full of flavor considering how easy it was to make. Thank you for hosting the VVLP-- my pleasure.

      Delete