- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tofurky andouille sausages, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 4 scallions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups no-chicken chicken broth (Better than Bouillon)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 14 -ounce can fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
(I forgot to take the ingredient picture!!! Sorry!)
Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add the olive oil. Add the sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Add the scallion whites, celery and bell pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and Cajun seasoning; cook 1 minute.
Add 1 1/2 cups water, the chicken broth, rice, tomatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Discard the bay leaf. So serve top the soup with the scallion greens and a serving of the andouille. Stir well and serve with a generous splash of Frank's hot sauce. I served this with Beer Bread muffins.