- 2 teaspoons each: cumin, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt
- 1 package chicken-flavor seitan
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes- with green chilies
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 handfuls of cilantro
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Garnish: toffuti sour cream
Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
Give that 2-3 minutes to soften before adding 2 cloves of minced garlic and 2 sliced bell peppers. Add about 1/2 of the spice mix directly onto these ingredients to give them some flavor, then let them continue to soften over medium heat for 5 minutes.
To serve, transfer the soup to bowls and top with some avocado slices. You can also add a little Toffuti sour cream.