- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Gardein ground beef (or your favorite vegan ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 4 cups water
- 3 oz Daiya chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
In a large skillet sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
Add ground beef and cook until hot.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine with browned meat.
Add seasonings and pasta. Cover with water and gently stir to submerge noodles.
Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Uncover and stir in cream cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese. With burner off, let stand for a few minutes to melt cheese.
Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.