- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup vertically sliced yellow onion 5
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (I had black garlic balsamic vinegar)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 package Gardein chick'n scallopini
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell peppers; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add onion and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute or until tomatoes wilt. Remove from heat; stir in basil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Remove pepper mixture to a bowl and set aside.
While pepper mixture cooks, sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour; shake off excess.
Melt Earth Balance in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden and done.
Serve chicken with bell pepper mixture. I sauteed zucchini and yellow squash in a little oil with lots of garlic and made Couscous as sides. UMMM good.