- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup freshly diced or grated ginger root
- pinch salt/pepper
- 2 cups chopped potatoes (I had a sack of baby yellow potatoes)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red daikon radish, sliced
- 6 cups bok choy (or any type of choy) chopped or sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 ounces tempeh chips
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
Heat a large non-stick skillet, add oil and spices; cook for a minute. Add onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes
Add potatoes, carrots, bok choy, coconut milk, tempeh and stock. Bring to a strong simmer. Cover and let cook until the potatoes are done, around 30 minutes
Make a pot of rice, according to the package directions. I used Basamati.
While this cooks make a sauce with the soy sauce, Siracha, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro.
Add this sauce to the rest of the ingredients and give it a good stir.
Taste and adjust seasoning, serve over rice.