Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thai Tempeh and Vegetables

I have more bok choy from the CSA and have another stir-fry I wanted to try. This one is based on this recipe called for tofu but I used tempeh chips instead (you can buy tempeh and cut it into whatever shape and/or size you want.) I also changed a few ingredients and made up a sauce of soy and Sriracha. This came out so well, that when we finished it, about 2 days later I made more. Yep, it's THAT good!
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoon coriander leaves
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 10 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1/4 cup freshly diced or grated ginger root
  • pinch salt/pepper
  • 2 cups chopped potatoes (I had a sack of baby yellow potatoes)
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 1 red daikon radish, sliced
  • 6 cups bok choy (or any type of choy) chopped or sliced
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 8 ounces tempeh chips
  • 1 cup vegetable stock
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Sriracha
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

Heat a large non-stick skillet, add oil and spices; cook for a minute. Add onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes

Add potatoes, carrots, bok choy, coconut milk, tempeh and stock. Bring to a strong simmer. Cover and let cook until the potatoes are done, around 30 minutes

Make a pot of rice, according to the package directions. I used Basamati.

While this cooks make a sauce with the soy sauce, Siracha, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro.

Add this sauce to the rest of the ingredients and give it a good stir.

Taste and adjust seasoning, serve over rice.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like something I should add to my food plan since it has an awesome amount of veggies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britney,
      Thanks for stopping by. I love this dish - and it's easy to substitute the veggies you have on hand since there are so many involved. And it's fast enough for a week night. Let me know if you make it.
      Take care,
      Gloria

      Delete
  2. That does look really good. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I'm so happy to have the opportunity to share and appreciate your visiting.
      Take care,
      Gloria

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete