- 1 box (16 ounce) ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Tofurky Italian sausages, cut into coins
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (24-28 ounce) Marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 10 ounces Toffuti cream cheese
- 1 package (5 ounces) spinach
- 1 package Daiya Mozzareall Shreds, divided
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. I have found that if you put the drained pasta in a pot of fresh water it won't stick to itself.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage coins and brown. Add onion and garlic an sauge until tender (about 5 minutes.) Stir in marinara and pesto. Simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese.
Drain pasta and put it in a LARGE bowl, add spinach.
Pour sauce over the spinach/pasta mix.
Add about 1/2 or a little more of the cheese (you want to have some left to sprinkle over the top of the casserole.)
Stir well to combine.
Pour into casserole dish(es), top with cheese.
Bake until heated through and cheese has melted on top, about 20-30 minutes.