Monday, November 18, 2013

Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Soup

Follow my blog with BloglovinThis soup is based on the recipe I found online at Jeanette's Healthy Living.  I still have sweet potatoes from the CSA even though I've made Sweet Potato Butter, roasted sweet potatoes for a side dish and tossed some in a hash. LOL I thought this would be an excellent dish for a  spicy sweet potato dinner.
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 cup red lentils, rinsed well and looked over
  • 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • fresh cilantro, for garnish

Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. 

Stir in red curry paste, and cook several minutes or until fragrant. 

Add water, lentils, sweet potatoes and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft. 

Add salt and stir in coconut milk. Cook five more minutes. 

Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. royal online v2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. จีคลับบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete