- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed well and looked over
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in red curry paste, and cook several minutes or until fragrant.
Add water, lentils, sweet potatoes and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft.
Add salt and stir in coconut milk. Cook five more minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro.