Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chocolate Banana Bread

What you will see in the ingredient's pic is a blob of black and I do mean black bananas. When my bananas get overripe and I don't have time to deal with them, I throw in a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer. Yep, then when I do have time I just pull out the proper amount, but them in a bowl and let them sit on the counter top about 30 minutes or so. The skins slip right off and I'm ready to mash 'em up and make bread.

I made this bread about a month ago and took all my pics. This is the only way I can blog because I don't have time to cook and post on the same nights. So I usually a few recipes worth of photos on the camera at any given time.  I know I have posted a couple of other Banana Bread recipes, but it's fun to change up the flour, the nuts, add cocoa to the batter or don't - just use chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless. I hope you'll make this version and enjoy it as much as we did. This would also be good as mini loaves to give as gifts.
  • 4 overly ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup raw (turbinado) sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli Semi Sweet- they also make chunks that I use sometimes)
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas, add turbinado sugar and vanilla -  mix with a hand mixer gradually adding water to the mixture.  Mix until smooth.

In another bowl add the flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.  Stir to mix well.

Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until a batter is formed.

Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Place into a lightly greased loaf pan.

Bake for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top is starting to split.

Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Anything that contains CHOCOLATE and BANANAS in my book is PERFECTION!
    www.prettybitchescancooktoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara,
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. This is a delicious loaf of bread, if you make it let me know what you think.
      Take care,
      Gloria

      Delete