- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix pumpkin and sugars in a medium bowl. Whisk together the flaxseed meal and orange juice.
Add this mixture, the vanilla and oil to pumpkin mixture.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
Add the dry mix to the wet ingredients.
Fold in the walnuts and cranberries.
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.