- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons natural sugar (raw sugar)
- 1 box fettucini
- 1 tub extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 bunches baby bok choy, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 3-5 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, wiped clean and thickly sliced
Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and return them to the pot, add cold water and let sit until you are ready to add them to the stir-fry. This will keep them from sticking together.
Cut the tofu into cubes (I cut it in half lengthwise, then each of those in half for a total of four slabs. Then I cube those slabs of tofu to get about 5 cubes per 1/2 slab. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a cast iron skillet til hot. Add the tofu and brown well on all sides. Set aside until needed.
Heat the remaining oil in a LARGE non-stick skillet (unless yo have decided to divide the recipe in half.) Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 mintues.
Add the bok choy, water chestnuts, scallions and mushrooms to the skillet and stir-fry about 3 minutes.
Stir in the cooked noodles and tofu. Gently toss.
Give the sauce a good stir and drizzle the sauce over the dish.
Give the dish another good toss and serve with extra soy sauce and/or black bean sauce if desired.