- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal. My recipe made 31 mini muffins or if you use a regular size muffin you'll get half as many.
In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, banana and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a small cookie scoop, put one scoop of batter into prepared muffin tin.
Bake on the center rack for 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.