Thursday, April 18, 2013

Romaine Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

We had a delicious pasta dish for dinner the other night and I wanted a salad to round it out. I've been trying to eat smaller portions, so having something healthy to help fill me up at dinner is one of my "tricks". I had everything on hand, so here ya go. This was really flavorful with the dried cherries, but you could also use craisins, dried blueberries and even add nuts.
  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 1 tablespoon minced shallots
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons crumbled vegan feta cheese

Combine first 8 ingredients in a mason jar; shake well. I made individual salads: add lettuce, dried cherries, and cheese; toss gently to coat. Shake dressing again and pour desired amount over your salad and dig in!
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment