- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 links Field Roast Sausages (I used 1 Italian and 1 Chipotle), crumbled
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Toffuti cream cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces Daiya mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup vegan Parm, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan, and sauté until browned. Remove to a plate.
Add zucchini to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Add oregano and next 4 ingredients (through sugar); sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add vinegar; cook for 30 seconds or until the liquid evaporates. Drain tomatoes, with juice; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat; stir in cream cheese.
Add pasta and sausage to tomato mixture; stir to combine.
Spoon half of pasta mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, or divide half evenly among 4 individual dishes coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1/2 the mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parm over pasta.
Top with remaining pasta mixture.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella and remaining Parm.
Bake at 375° for 20 - 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Serve with your choice of salad, garlic bread, wine, etc. Look at these yummy layers.
Enjoy! I'll post the salad recipe later this week.