- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce®
- 1 cup rice
- 1 package of Sazon seasoning
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (greens included)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons grated non-dairy cheddar cheese
Cook rice according to package directions adding 1 packet of Szaon seasoning to water. I used my rice cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin and Tabasco sauce together: set aside.
In a large bowl, combine beans, asparagus, tomatoes, scallions and cilantro.
Add the cooked rice to the bowl of veggies. Whisk lime mixture again, pour over top and mix gently.
Spoon rice and beans onto plates and sprinkle with cheese. I served this with Gardein Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers.