- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 ounces mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and ribs removed sliced into 1/2 moons
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, cut in half and then sliced into wedges,
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Garnish: shredded lettuce, avocado, toffuti sour cream, pickled jalapenos and salsa
- Fajita seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Mix all ingredients together.
Place all the prepped veggies (except the ones for garnish) in a gallon sized zip bag.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of your favorite oil, shake well. Add your seasoning mix, all of it, and shake well.
Heat your cast iron skillet and then pour in all the seasoned vegetables. Cook until tender, but not mushy. They still need to bite to them.
While the veggies are cooking get your tortillas out and your garnishes together. I warmed my tortillas in the microwave for about 12 seconds each. Then added a smear of sour cream, a healthy servings of veggies, a little lettuce, a few jalapeno slices and a slice of avocado. Roll up and Enjoy!