- 8 ounces uncooked bow ties (farfalle pasta)
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 links Field Roast sausage (I used 2 chorizo and 1 italian, crumbled
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 14 -ounces no-chicken chicken broth
- 1/2 large bunch fresh kal, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
sprinkling of nutritional yeast for garnish and flavor
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.
Drain tomatoes in a small sieve over a bowl, reserving 2 teaspoons oil; slice tomatoes.
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sliced tomatoes, reserved 2 teaspoons tomato oil and onion to pan; cook 5 minutes.
Add sausage and garlic; cook 4-5 until sausage starts to brown.
Add seasoning, pepper, and broth to pan.
Stir in kale; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
Stir in pasta, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, and beans.
Serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. I wish we'd had some nice bread to soak up the juices, but we didn't :-( Enjoy!