- 1 cup water
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cups cooked or canned kidney beans (if using canned then rinse and drain)
- One 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can Rotel, undrained
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Boil the cup of the water and pour over the TVP. Let sit 5-10 minutes to reconstitute.
Add all of the ingredients to your slow-cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5.
Serve with any garnishes you desire: hot sauce, cheese, scallions, tortilla chips, etc. (I added some Frank's hot sauce and a little salt.)