- 20 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, halved
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and paper skins removed
- 2 medium Vidalia onions, skin removed, quartered
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large jalapeno, seeds removed (leave them in if you want hot)
- 1 can Hatch green chiles, drained
- juice from 2 limes
Cover two cookies sheets in aluminum foil and turn on the broiler. Place onions, jalapenos and tomatillos onto cookie sheets.
Broil veggies for about 5 minutes, then turn and broil the other side for another 5.
Add 1 tray of the roasted veggies into a food processor and pulse 4-5 times. (My food processor couldn't handle all of it at once - so I worked in two batches).
Add half of the remainder of the ingredients and pulse until the desired consistency. You may need to scrape down the side of the bowl.
Pour contents into a bowl. Repeat with the second cookie sheet of veggies and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well once you dump it all into the bowl.
The salsa can be used immediately, but is better the next day after the flavors have a chance to marry.