- 1 tub firm tofu, (I used Tree of Life and you really don't have to press it) but depending on which brand you use it may need to be pressed well
- 1/2 Vidalia onion
- 1 green bell pepper, or whatever color is in your frig
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin
- a dash of black pepper
- 1/2 package of Daiya cheddar shreds
- 3 links Tofurky breadfast vegan sausage, cut into half moons
- 2 or 3 ounces fresh spinach (I ran a knife through mine since it wasn't baby spinach
Place the tofu on a paper towel to absorb any extra liquid. If you are not using Tree of Life you should press the tofu to remove as much liquid as possible.
Put 1/4 cup of water in a non-stick skillet and saute the onions and peppers until soft.
Crumble the tofu into the skillet.
Add all the seasonings.
Stir really really well so that all the tofu is evenly coated. If it’s too dry, add a couple teaspoons of water. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Stir and let it get all melted, stirring occasionally.
Add in the sausage and spinach.
Stir and let cook until spinach is wilted and sausage is heated through.
Warm a tortilla, if using. Add tofu scramble to one side, top with chopped tomato
Roll up burrito style and enjoy!