- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (I used 3 smallish ones)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups cooked black eyed peas (2 15 ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups chopped kale (spinach, chard, collards or kale)
- 1 package Tofuky kielbasa, sliced
- 4 cups Chicken-less chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
|This may be one of the worst pics I've ever taken, sorry!|
Toss the sausage in a non-stick skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
Stir and adjust seasonings (adding salt and pepper to taste) before serving. Ladle the soup into your bowl and top with 5-6 slices of sausage. Delicious! Leftovers are great, but I would keep the sausage separate from the soup, these are delicious sausages but get funky when left in liquids.