- 2 potatoes (yellow, red, russet, whatever), large dice
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, medium dice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced or chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced or chopped
- 1 cubanelle or Anaheim pepper, diced or chopped
- 2 links Tofurky Italian Sausage, cut into coins or half moons
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 bag of fresh spinach
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Daiya cheddar shreds
I put my cubed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes to cook. I cooked the sweet potatoes about 3 minutes, then added the white potatoes and cooked another 4. Next time I'll just cook it all together for 5-6 minutes.
Heat about a tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet until shimmering. Add potatoes and let partially brown.
Add onions, mushrooms and all peppers to the skillet and let the vegetables soften.
Sprinkle on the cheese and let it start to melt.
Add the spinach and stir well. Let the spinach get nice and wilted, stirring occasionally.
Serve as is or put in a burrito. I ate mine as is, Jack doused his with some ketchup. Remember you can add whatever you have and enjoy to this hash.