- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- equivalent of 2 large eggs (I used EnerG)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree - not pie mix)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I've made this twice and 1 once used 1/4 cup oil with 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance, cold
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
Mix topping ingredients together with fork or fingers, until it is a crumbly mixture. Wrap and place in fridge until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350F. In large bowl, combine flours, ground flax, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
In another large bowl, combine egg substitute, sugars, pumpkin, oil, vanilla, and water.
Gently fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until completely moistened. Do not over stir.
Spoon batter into two sprayed loaf pans - dividing the batter equally.
Sprinkle crumb topping over loaves.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean. It is done when toothpick still has a few tender crumbs sticking to it. Cool in pan about 15 minutes. Remove onto wire rack. Enjoy!