- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (mine were kind of small- use less if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained ( or 2+ cups cooked dried beans)
- 1 (28-ounce) can petit diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups no chicken broth
Cook onion and celery in a large saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Sweat them 5 minutes or until celery is tender.
Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, chile powder, and garlic; cook 1 minute.
Stir in black pepper, beans, tomatoes, and broth; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Keep warm.
Make Cilantro-Lime Cream:
- 1/2 cup Toffuti sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Combine sour cream, cumin, cilantro, rind, and juice in a small bowl.
Drizzle cream over soup.