- 2 Field Roast chorizo sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14 ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups bottled salsa (I used Pace medium salsa)
- 1 - 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 ounces dried small shells pasta
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (1 small)
- 2/3 cup Diaya mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro or Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Remove plastic casing from chorizo. Crumble chorizo in a soup pot, add garlic, and cook until chorizo is brown. Set aside.
Stir broth, salsa, chipotle pepper, oregano, and cumin into pot. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
Stir in pasta and zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, until pasta is tender but still firm, stirring occasionally. (Let the cooking directions for the pasta be your guide here.)
Remove pot oven from heat; stir in 1/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the cilantro.
Makes 6 main-dish servings. Enjoy!