- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Diaya cheddar shreds
- 1/4 cup Toffuti sour cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed (not in picture below)
In a large skillet, saute the celery, bell pepper and onion in oil until tender.
Stir in the tomatoes, beans, rice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until heated through. To serve: put your bean/rice mixture on your place and top with cheese, sour cream, scallions and avocado. This would have benefited from some pickled jalapenos as well.