Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Italian Chicken Sandwich

Okay.. so I made pesto earlier in the day and when lunch rolled around I decided I wanted to try making a sandwich using it. But I didn't remember to take my normal step by step pics - sorry, so here is the ingredient list and the finished sandwich. You really need to make this it was awesome and terrific flavor.
  • whole wheat burger buns
  • veganaise
  • pesto
  • lettuce
  • tomato
  • Gardein Chicken Scallopini
  • Daiya mozzarella shreds
  • roasted red pepper (from a jar)
  • sliced red onion
Bake the chicken scallopini according to the package directions - I flip mine half way through the cooking time and topped the chicken with shredded cheese after it had been flipped. This gave the cheese plenty of time to melt. While the chicken was baking I prepared the buns. I put pesto on one half of the bun and veganaise on the other.

I used lettuce, roasted red bells and sliced red onion to round out my sandwich. But you can use whatever you have and like. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment