- 2 large yellow squash
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 package Field Roast Italian Sausage, pulled into pieces
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato and basil tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Diaya mozzarella shreds
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Panko
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Preheat oven to 350. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds (I used my melon baller) then set aside.
Brown Italian sausage together with the parsley and basil.
Add cooked Vegetables to back to the skillet. Add tomato sauce and simmer until the mixture has thickened and liquid has cooked off, about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
Add 3/4 cup of shredded cheese to the pan and stir.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spoon the meat-cheese mixture into squash, pressing down with the spoon and mounding it up a little over the top.
Bake stuffed squash for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and top each squash with some panko. Put back in oven and bake 10-15 minutes more, until squash is slightly soft when pierced with a fork. Serve hot.