- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 links chorizo sausage, cut into half moons
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into (1/2-inch) slices (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chopped trimmed kale (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup water (depends on how juicy you want it)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and sausage 4 minutes or until sausage is browned.
Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
Add kale and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serve immediately. Makes 4 large servings.