Sunday, March 4, 2012

White Bean and Chorizo Stew

The weather was cooler today and it was quite windy so I decided a soup or stew would make a nice lunch. I had some kale that needed to be used and came across this recipe at MyRecipes. I made a few changes: I had 2 chorizo in the frig, the use me or lose me kale and fire-roasted tomatoes. Here is my version.
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 links chorizo sausage, cut into half moons
  • 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into (1/2-inch) slices (about 2 cups)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 cups chopped trimmed kale (about 1/2 pound)
  • 1 cup water (depends on how juicy you want it)
  • 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and sausage 4 minutes or until sausage is browned.

Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes.

Add kale and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.

Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Serve immediately. Makes 4 large servings.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect comfort food! Thanks for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete